We deliver and manage youth participation projects and events across the UK. All of our management offers are bespoke, tailored to the objectives, outcomes and requirements of the client. From setting-up Youth Councils from scratch, to running National Youth Elections and starting youth-led campaigns and projects. When it comes to youth engagement: you name it; we do it!
“The Participation People is a fantastic organisation that has helped me for the past two years develop lots of skills. I’ve represented Wandsworth not just on a local level but on a national level as well. Working for The Participation People has given me the confidence to apply at the University of Oxford to study PPE this year – at the end of the day, they have delivered me the 3 P’s – passion, progress, and prospects! Whoop whoop!” – Marc Dataro, Wandsworth Youth Council
Some examples of our project management work include…
- Establishing Police Youth Think Tanks in two London Boroughs – a project that brought young people and adults together around the same table, providing a forum for both audiences to discuss and troubleshoot barriers and solutions to working together. This project was awarded the British Youth Council’s Youth On Board Award for Innovation in 2012.
- Designing and delivering Youth Elections – each year our youth election projects increase voter turnout and the diversity of young people becoming involved as candidates on the grounds of gender, ethnicity and faith.
- Developing and running Youth Led projects, including inspections, grant-giving and training forums – these projects have enhanced young people’s engagement with, and understanding of, services, as well as the ways in which services engage with young people across their geographical reach.
- Designing, establishing and supporting Youth Councils in two London Boroughs – in one London Borough, we established a youth council (from nothing!) of 75 young people, who met weekly to discuss issues that affect them in the. In just 3 months, this project grew into something BIG.
- Developing and running Peer Education programmes in Southwark secondary schools – a project that harnessed young people’s’ creativity and supported them to create powerful projects to inform and educate their friends on smoking, alcohol and drugs.
“The Participation People have a fantastic ability to relate with young people and bring out the best in them. Their work with the UK Youth Parliament’s Procedures Group has been incredibly innovative and engaging. Their efficiency and drive have created an exciting environment to work in!” – Oli Phillips, UK Youth Parliament
Turning to event management, some examples of our work include…
- Wandsworth Youth Momentum 2012 – a conference designed and delivered by young people, which saw 182 young people attend from every school in the borough. You can see the film documenting the event here. This project was awarded the British Youth Council’s Youth On Board Award for Inspiration in 2012.
- UK Youth Parliament Annual Sitting 2011 – a 3-day conference-residential for 355 young people across the UK. Young people took part in workshops, debates and opportunities to meet with Government ministers and senior decision makers.
- Participatory Budgeting Conference 2010 – a conference bringing together 210 young people from every school council in the borough, creating a school council charter; as well as spending £120,000 of the local authorities’ budget on local services.
To discuss our project and event management services, or something more bespoke, drop us a line and let us help you!